The Trust has a regular programme of allocating grants in support of course attendance with a preference for supporting those who have been unable to receive financial support from elsewhere. Please note that applications for funding assistance with general undergraduate and postgraduate studies will not be considered.
We are as ever very grateful for the invaluable support of our sponsors, who recently have included Oxford University Press, Academic Rights Press, Cramer Music, Stainer & Bell, the Music Sales Charitable Trust and the Staypar Charitable Trust.
Music Libraries Trust bursaries for courses and IAML study weekends
The Trust is pleased to award a limited number of bursaries to students and library staff who would like to attend study weekends and courses organised by IAML (UK & Irl). Priority is given to those who would otherwise be unable to attend and who have no other sources of funding.
Applications are now closed for bursaries to attend the IAML (UK & Irl) 2018 Annual Study Weekend, to be held 6-8 April 2018 in Edinburgh and applicants have been informed of the outcome. Both full and part bursaries are available, which include up to £70 for travel expenses.
Applicants are advised not to make travel arrangements until the outcome of their application is decided.
The MLT (with support from its sponsors) awarded four full and part bursaries to enable winners to attend the IAML (UK & Irl) Annual Study Weekend held in April 2017 in Exeter.
Ian Ledsham Bursary Fund for IAML International Conferences
The Ian Ledsham Bursary Fund exists to honour the memory of Ian Ledsham, a long-standing and much respected member of the UK & Ireland Branch of IAML, who died in September 2005. It offers financial support to IAML UK & Ireland Branch members who wish to attend IAML's international conferences. Ian very much appreciated the opportunities provided by attendance at these conferences.
Applications are now open for the Ian Ledsham Bursary.
The Ian Ledsham Bursary is awarded annually to a member of IAML (UK & Irl) in order to assist attendance at IAML international conferences. This year's conference will be held 22-27 July 2018 in Leipzig, Germany. The preliminary programme may be found here and conference website here.
The application deadline is 10th April 2018. To apply please see the procedure below.
- Applicants must be paid-up personal or institutional members of the IAML UK & Ireland Branch (as defined in the UK & Irl Branch Constitution Art. XVI) at the point at which the application is made. Preference will be given to applicants who are active within the Branch.
- Applicants must be international IAML members if they wish to qualify for the members’ rates.
- People already in receipt of Branch funding for a specific project will normally be ineligible.
- The award is meant to contribute to the cost of attending the conference, not to cover all expenses. Subsistence costs will not be contributed to. The award is a fixed £350.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate the potential benefits to themselves and their institution by attending the conference.
- It would normally be expected that the applicant's institution will grant leave to attend the conference. Any letters of institutional support would be welcomed as part of the application.
- Bursary recipients are advised to take out suitable insurance to cover their costs in the event of their non-attendance, as the bursary will normally be paid after attendance.
Successful candidates must write a 1000-word report of attending the conference, to be sent to the Bursaries Administrator. The Executive Committee of IAML(UK & Irl) reserves the right to publish all or part of the report in the Branch Newsletter.